I’ve been podcasting since 2005. Every few years, I see a surge of interest. . .followed by a lull. However, it’s clear podcasting has finally “landed” from both a creator and listener/viewer perspective.
With the ability to easily access podcasts on smartphones and other devices, it’s easier than ever for people to tune in and listen to their favorite shows anytime, anywhere.
But what is it about podcasting that makes it such a valuable medium? Here are a few reasons why podcasting is worth considering as a content creator or a consumer:
- Podcasting is convenient: As I mentioned above, podcasts can be accessed on a wide range of devices, making it easy for listeners to tune in while they’re on the go, at home, or even at work. This convenience is especially appealing for people with busy schedules who may not have the time to sit down and watch a video or read a lengthy article.
- Podcasts are engaging: Many podcasts are structured as conversations or interviews, which can make them feel more personal and engaging than other forms of media. Listeners can feel like they’re a part of the conversation and get to know the host and guests on a deeper level.
- Podcasting is a great way to learn: There are podcasts on virtually every topic imaginable, from true crime to sports to business and everything in between. This means that there’s likely a podcast out there for anyone who wants to learn about a specific topic or stay up to date on current events.
- Podcasting is cost-effective: Starting a podcast can be relatively inexpensive compared to other forms of media, such as television or film. This makes it an appealing option for creators who may not have a lot of resources at their disposal.
- Podcasting is a growing industry: As more and more people discover the convenience and value of podcasts, the industry is expected to continue to grow. This presents a great opportunity for creators to get in on the ground floor and build a loyal audience.
Overall, podcasting is a valuable medium that offers a wide range of benefits for both listeners and creators. Whether you’re looking to learn something new, stay entertained on your commute, or share your expertise with the world, there’s a podcast out there for you.